The Family Apostolate Inc is a nonprofit 501c.
Initiated by Fr. Vincent Arisukwu
Pastor at Christ the King Church, Glen Burnie, Maryland
A faith-based, Catholic resource
accompanying families on their faith journey. We journey with families seeking daily answers to their spiritual needs.
The Family Apostolate Inc. is inspired by the need to promote spirituality and prayer in family and married life. In line with the New Evangelization, the Apostolate provides pastoral care, inspires prayer life, provides catechesis, promotes fellowship,
and connects family life with the church. The Family Apostolate seeks to bring the merciful presence of Christ to families in an increasingly difficult world.
Core Mission Priorities:
1. Seek and promote family values
2. Provide pastoral, psychological, and spiritual
support for marriages
- Help couples to discover healing found in mutual trust and safety.
- Support couples find strength through healthy communication.
- Accompany couples to seek truth in the Scripture.
- Lead couples to encounter joy through the sacraments.
- Invite couples to recognize the grace of love through prayer.
- Provide training for engaged couples.
- Provide pastoral guidance to overcome anxiety.
The Apostolate dedicates two special prayer times for families:
1) Weekly Thursday holy hour before the Blessed Sacrament. Scripture
readings and reflection, meditation and songs, prayers for families before the Blessed Sacrament every Thursday evening. Christ the King Church (formerly Holy Trinity) - 7436 Baltimore Annapolis Blvd,. Glen Burnie, MD 21061
2) The first Saturday Family Mass and devotion. The parish-family gathers to pray for each other and for families all over the world. Special events such as birthdays, marriage anniversaries, are promoted and blessed at the
First Saturday mass.
Provide faith-based/spiritual support to individuals, couples, and families through Sunday homilies and weekly reflections based
on Church teachings and Scriptures.
Accompany individuals, couples, and families on their life journeys and relationships through an integration of theology and psychology in daily activities.
Evangelization and Outreach
- Magazine – The FA publishes a tri-annual
publication on important issues of Marriage and Family Life. We publish articles, conduct interviews, use photos and family-oriented resources to teach and evangelize.
- Facebook Page – We publish exhortations, events and
picture stories on our Facebook page. Occasionally, we use video clips to provide pastoral care for our Facebook followers.
- Website – The FA website hosts the entire FA activities. We publish reflections, news/events, blog articles
on marriage and family life. We publish photos of FA events, and provide Sunday homilies. Our website address is, www.familypriest.com.
- Brochure – A quick reference handout summarizing the outreach activities, volunteer opportunities
and contact information on how best to get in touch with the FA team is found in the churches at Christ the King parish, Glen Burnie.
- Family Breakfast Fellowship - The First Saturday Family Breakfast Fellowship is established to promote friendship among families, encourage attendance to morning
masses especially on the first Saturday of the month and to promote a spirit of service. The breakfast fellowship brings ministries in the church together.
Prep - The Family Apostolate provides support for engaged couples. The FA works closely with the Marriage and Family Life office in the archdiocese of Baltimore to train marriage sponsor couples. Through the FA, engaged couples gain access to the
Prepare and Enrich Marriage Preparation program.
– The FA organizes annual retreat for ladies. The retreat provides spiritual and pastoral support for women as wives, mothers, grandmothers and sisters in-law. At the retreat, women meet new friends, receive inspirational and spiritual talks and appreciate
moments of silence with God. We also offer healings through the sacrament of reconciliation, through talks and healing prayers from priest moderators.
- The Family Apostolate promotes volunteering in a unique way. Through the fruits of their own prayer life, they work to bring the face of Christ to
families. FA volunteers avail themselves during home blessings, form the prayer teams at Adoration and first Saturday devotion for families. They promote the First Saturday breakfast fellowship and make it work. The volunteers become a smiling face,
listening ear and open heart who attract many persons to the church and to friendship. FA volunteer is open to interested Catholics.
For contacts: email@example.com,